Season 17 Winter Opera St. Louis Audition Announcement
Auditions for principal and secondary roles in St. Louis or New York
Season Information 2023-2024
Don Giovanni by W.A. Mozart – Sung in Italian – All roles available except for Donna Elvira
Manon Lescaut by Giacomo Puccini – Sung in Italian – All roles available
Naughty Marietta – March 1 and 3, 2024 – Sung in English – All roles available
Friday, May 19th, 2023 for both St. Louis and New York Auditions
Email the following to email@example.com using “Auditions” as Subject:
• What roles you are auditioning for
• Whether you will be auditioning live in St. Louis or New York
• The date you would like to audition and what preferred time(s)
• Are you interested in Chorus? – St. Louis locals ONLY
• Resume – in PDF Format
• Two (2) professional/organization references
• 2 recording links to audio or video recordings and websites only
• $20 audition fee for LIVE audition in St. Louis – ONLY IF YOU ARE GRANTED A live AUDITION
• $35 audition fee for LIVE audition – ONLY IF YOU ARE GRANTED a Live audition in New York
• Once you are granted an audition, we will give you instructions on how to pay the audition fee.
• Additional skills you would like us to know about
***LIVE auditions are preferred but VIDEO ONLY submissions will be accepted by emailing the above materials. Ideally, an aria or excerpt of the role you are auditioning for.
Only qualified artists will be granted an audition.
A pianist will be provided for live auditions in St. Louis and New York
Auditions In New York – AMDA Studio Rental
244-250 West 54th Street
12th Floor, New York, NY 10019
Tuesday, May 23, 2023 – 10am -5pm (EST)
Wednesday, May 24, 2023 – 10am – 5pm (EST)
Live Auditions in St. Louis, MO – Winter Opera St. Louis Rehearsal Studios
2324 Marconi Avenue
St. Louis MO, 63110
Saturday, May 27, 2023 10 am – 5pm (CST)
Sunday, May 28, 2023 10am – 5pm (CST)
• Prepare 4-5 arias from memory if you are auditioning for a principal or comprimario role
• If you are auditioning for a specific role, please prepare an aria from the opera
• A Monologue will be required for any principal auditioning for Naughty Marietta. Monologues will be provided by Winter Opera St. Louis in advance of the audition
• If you are auditioning for Chorus, please prepare 2-3 arias or art songs – St. Louis locals ONLY
Housing is provided in St. Louis
Transportation to and from St. Louis is provided, however we give preference to artists who drive their own vehicles, we offer gas reimbursement up to $300
Our artist fees for comprimario and principal roles range from $800-$2,500.
Artists are brought in two and a half weeks before the production to rehearse.
Rehearsals are no more than six hours per day.
Chorus is hired locally
Most comprimario roles are cast locally
Kirkwood Performing Arts Center
210 E. Monroe Ave
Kirkwood, MO 63122
Opera / Operetta
Don Giovanni – November 17 and 19, 2023
Manon Lescaut – January 19 and 21, 2024
Naughty Marietta – March 1 and 3, 2024
Winter Opera St. Louis
2324 Marconi Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
At Winter Opera St, Louis, we believe that everyone has a voice and when people feel respected and included, they will be more creative, innovative, and successful. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion within our organization and will continue to expand our knowledge to help create a more equitable environment for all.